CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF AUCKLAND
Compulsory Attendance Dues Charges
Parent and Caregiver Responsibilities
Attendance Dues are a compulsory payment under the terms of the Education and Training Act 2020 and a condition of enrolment. Attendance Dues are charged for all students who attend Catholic Schools in New Zealand.
Attendance Dues are collected by your school on behalf of the school’s Proprietor. The Attendance Dues are forwarded to Auckland Common Fund Limited, a company established by the proprietors of Catholic Integrated Schools in the Diocese of Auckland responsible for the collection of Attendance Dues.
- At the time you enrol your child at a Catholic School, you are required to sign an agreement which states you accept that you will pay the Attendance Dues and that you understand that payment is a condition of enrolment.
- Payments can be made, in full at the beginning of the year or by instalment (weekly, fortnightly, monthly or per term)
- They can not be paid in full at the end of each year.
- Financial Assistance with Attendance Dues is available to families of Preference Students in cases of genuine financial difficulties. Part of the criteria for receiving this assistance is that regular payments have been made at an affordable level.
- Overdue accounts may be referred to a Debt Collection Agency by the Proprietor.
- Failure to pay the Attendance Dues may put your child’s place at the school at risk.
- The agreement is legally enforceable and the person who signs the agreement remains legally liable for payment.
- Responsibility for payment cannot be transferred to another person, unless they sign a new agreement accepting responsibility for payment.
- Any civil agreements between parents do not take precedence over the legal agreement signed at the time of enrolment.
Special Character Contributions
The Catholic Special Character contribution is a voluntary donation of $12.50 per term ($50.00 per annum) per student.
This contribution provides the main source of funding for all services provided to Catholic Schools in the Auckland Diocese by the Catholic Education Services Board. No contributions are made by the Government for these services.
The Catholic Education Services Board assists schools to provide a Catholic education for your child through the preservation and enhancement of the Catholic Special Character in our schools.